Built with reliability as the first ideal, the BU1632-JJ-1-G CR1632 lithium battery holder from MPD is designed to meet the stresses of handheld portable applications. A heavy-duty plastic body and robust battery contacts meet those requirements for typical medical or consumer type products. The holder body is made of glass reinforced liquid crystal polymer (LCP). The contacts were designed for the rigors of portable applications and have gold flash over nickel plating onto a phosphor bronze base metal. The contacts feature low electrical resistance and offer intermittent free connections. CR1632 cells typically offer approximately 130 mAh of power in a compact package, making them perfect for circuits with low power requirements. CR1632 and DL1632 cells are used for primary power or backup power.
- Self-extinguishing and flame-retardant properties conform with the UL 94 standard
- Reinforced with glass fibers, LCPs are particularly outstanding in terms of their elastic modulus and strength. LCP replicates metal by offering a tensile strength and modulus close to aluminum
- Excellent chemical and humidity resistance: can withstand multiple applications of common sterilization methods like autoclave, chemical, ETO, radiation, hot steam, and hot air
- 5.2 mm height above the PCB; lower profile than other competing products
- Resist shock, vibration, and are one-meter drop test certified
- Lightweight: 0.93 g
- Superior dielectric strength @ 1,100 volts/mil.
- 260°C reflow or wave solder compatible
- Bifurcated contacts that resist corrosion
- LCP is halogen, PFOS, and PFOA free, as well as SVHC, REACH, RoHS 2, and WEEE compliant